Leslie has proven to be an absolute force in the trial bar.
Recently, Leslie served on the trial team for AT&T’s DIRECTV in a $4 billion trial brought by the Federal Trade Commission for alleged deceptive advertising. On August 16, 2018, the federal District Court for the Northern District of California dismissed the majority of the FTC’s case after two weeks of testimony, after which the FTC voluntary dismissed its case with prejudice.
In a one-year period, Leslie helped clients win seven, eight, and nine-figure jury verdicts– including the largest commercial verdict in the nation in 2013. She has not lost a civil jury verdict in her career, and every verdict has been a complete victory for her clients including:
- Fraud verdict against Mercedes-Benz featured in National Law Journal’s Big Money Wins (March 2013—two-week jury trial in Cameron County)
- “Take-nothing” jury verdict on seven claims against her client seeing $13 million in damages for breach of contract, trade secret violations, and tortious interference (November 2013—two-week jury trial in Dallas County)
- $5.5 million judgment on behalf of her client for fraud and breach of contract (December 2013—two-week jury trial in Dallas County)
- Judicial dissolution of partnership on behalf of her client and jury verdict for breach of fiduciary duty, breach of contract, and theft against former partner—resulting in “divorce” of major partnership at DFW Airport concessions and complete victory for her client (June 2014—six-week jury trial in Dallas County)
- Complete defense verdict on claims of breach of contract and fraud against her client; and a verdict awarding damages and attorneys’ fees to her client on its counterclaim (August 2015—six-day jury trial in Dallas County)
Leslie has also successfully tried numerous arbitrations and bench trials. Most recently, Leslie helped secure a complete defense win as well as seven-figure judgement on her client’s counterclaim in a bench trial in Dallas County.
Leslie currently serves as the Co-Chair for the Dallas Bar Association’s Public Forum Committee and as Vice Chair of the Dallas Bar Association’s Allied Bars Standing Committee on Equality. Leslie serves on the Committee for a Qualified Judiciary, a non-partisan, non-profit organization that promotes a competent, fair, and impartial justice system in Dallas County.
In addition to her service to the bar, in 2020, Leslie founded the non-profit In This House, Inc., which promotes the development of and access to affordable housing in high opportunity areas for working families.
She has been recognized numerous times by Super Lawyers by Thomas Reuters as one of the Top Women Attorneys in Texas. For the last four years, Leslie has been named as one of D Magazine’s Best Lawyers Under 40. In 2020, Leslie was selected as the Dallas Association of Young Lawyers’ Outstanding Young Lawyer. In 2022, Leslie was named as a 40 Under 40 Business Leader by the Dallas Business Journal.